![]() |
| Watch the trailer here! |
I released my biggest game ever in early August. In September, I put out an update that fixed reported bugs and added a few bonus pack niceties (a spoiler map, a developer commentary PDF). I've been pecking at this game for a long time, so it's surreal to finally be done with it.
I already beat myself up for taking so long on this one in the dev commentary, so I won't belabor that here. I'm pleased that, for the first time in years, I don't have any outstanding large projects. I want to make small pieces for a while. The next time I start something big, I hope to apply lessons from this and other projects and wrap it up in a reasonable time-frame.
I think Windswept Isle is funny and cute and good. Players seem to agree! I've been making games as an adult for almost fifteen years now. I've done map design and fiction writing across many projects, and this game synthesizes that experience into a cool, ambitious package. If that sounds interesting to you, give it a play.

No comments:
Post a Comment